Friday 6 June 2008

We said farewell to Maxie yesterday 5th june 2008

Wally Maxies best mate gave a lovely eulogy

Max
Was a one off-and a very loveable person
The attendance today proves his inspiration
He had a big heart and lots of friends
He had pride in his family,in his clothes and in his music.

Max had very few possessions but he kept all the cards and letters from his children[Patrick and Rose] and trinkets that inspired him throuout his life.

I had the honour of being best man at his wedding to joyce
and can testify to his passion for music-especially from one Minnesotan poet.

Max truly encompassed the title of "song and dance" man.
The stories are many, but it is true to say that Max lived "life to the full" and he would want us to celebrate this occasion and not to mourn it,

To sum up in the words of his favorite poet....

A false clock tries to tick out my time
To disgrace, distract, and bother me.
And the dirt of gossip blows into my face,
And the dust of rumors covers me.
But if the arrow is straight
And the point is slick,
It can pierce through dust no matter how thick.
So I'll make my stand
And remain as I am
And bid farewell and not give a damn.


A splattering of some of those that attended yesterday.









































No comments: